Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More Promotional Expenses

Today's promotional expenses include: One record player.

Indeed. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that while filming a brief promotional video for Dr. Olaf (think digital camera in video mode), I broke our record player, which I believe has been around since the early 70s, and is the only way we can listen to such classics as Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" and Styx "The Grand Illusion."

The brilliant spinning head effect in the video below was achieved with manual propulsion provided by my husband, Dave, who also served as cinematographer. I did the voice work, though I tried to get him to do that, too. This is the second take; the first one we had the camera turned 90 degrees, which meant that the phrenology head was spinning on its side. I'm going to add this to my redroom.com page where I'm certain it will get the attention it deserves. But you can see it here, first. Enjoy!

No comments: